Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cowbirds and Violets


About once every spring I usually see brown-headed cowbirds in our yard. I think we usually see them around the time they come back. We must be on their migration path! I even managed to get a picture of them -- one male and one female -- through the kitchen window today!

I also saw Cedar Waxwings two days ago. A flock of them appears randomly now and then in our yard. I usually also see them about once a year, though sometimes it is in the fall, sometimes in the winter and sometimes in the spring.

I think the juncos have gone north. I saw one on Monday, and none today or yesterday. Before that, I was seeing two to four a day.


Our first violets bloomed today! We also saw some asparagus just starting to poke out!

No comments:

Post a Comment