Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Squirrels, Redpolls and Record Warmth

The past few days I have been seeing squirrels chasing each other. I remember seeing that happen in January in past years. Maybe they wait to mate during a warmer spell, and we didn't really get much warm weather in January this year. Talking of warm weather, the temperature reached 54F today! This broke the previous record high for this day of 53F in 1876.

Yesterday, I saw redpolls at our birdfeeder. This is the first time I've ever seen (or at least noticed) this bird. So I was pretty excited! They weren't there today, so they must have just been passing through.

On Sunday and today, we saw a robin sitting in a tree near our house in the afternoon! This one must have decided not to migrate, or decided to come back a few weeks early.

We didn't manage to get any pictures of the robin, the redpolls, or the chasing squirrels. They were all too fast for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment