Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Blooms and Wingra Creek Prairie

The first Cup Plant flowers bloomed in our yard today.


Catnip is blooming.


Whorled Milkweed is blooming along Lake Monona.


I also found two other milkweeds growing along Wingra Creek. The first is Butterfly Weed:


And the second is Swamp Milkweed.


I also finally got around to taking pictures of some of the beautiful flowers in the prairie plantings that someone has done around Wingra Creek (thanks to whoever put in the effort!):

The Yellow Coneflowers have been blooming for quite a while now,


so have the Purple Coneflowers,


and so have the Black-eyed Susans.


I think this Hoary Vervain has only started blooming in the last week or so.


and I have no idea how long this beautiful Purple Prairie Clover has been blooming.

2 comments:

  1. So many great pics! I learn more form your site than any books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope my identification of things is correct!

    ReplyDelete